Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3629 / 52°21'46"N
Longitude: -2.7168 / 2°43'0"W
OS Eastings: 351283
OS Northings: 274114
OS Grid: SO512741
Mapcode National: GBR BK.SCTK
Mapcode Global: VH843.VVLZ
Entry Name: Church of St Giles
Location: Ludford, Shropshire, SY8
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Listing Date: 15 November 1954
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 389675
Source ID: 1291747
SO5174 Church of St Giles
Parish Church. C11 to C16. Rubble; plain tile roof. Nave,
chancel and short west tower; Foxe Chapel to north. Norman
nave with later painted doorway; chancel c1300, including
double chamfered chancel arch. Foxe chapel established c1555:
plain plastered barrel vault roof and moulded cornice.
Monuments: brasses to William Foxe and wife, with kneeling
children, 1554; Edward Foxe, c1610, altar shaped, with lid on
columns; Dorothy Charlton, c1658; Sir Job Charlton, c1697,
with recumbent effigy on tomb chest with Ionic pilasters, and
back with semi-circular top flanked by two vases.
(Cranage DHS: An Architectural Account of the Churches of
Listing NGR: SO5128474114
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings