Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6903 / 51°41'24"N
Longitude: -2.4574 / 2°27'26"W
OS Eastings: 368477
OS Northings: 199154
OS Grid: ST684991
Mapcode National: GBR JX.4NK7
Mapcode Global: VH87K.CS63
Entry Name: The Chantry
Location: Berkeley, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL13
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Listing Date: 21 October 1952
Last Amended: 9 September 1985
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 132202
Source ID: 1304580
ST 69 NE BERKELEY CHURCH LANE
10/58 The Chantry (formerly listed as
The Vicarage, High Street)
Detached house, former Vicarage. Early C18. Incised render,
hipped slate roof with coved eaves cornice, 3 large rendered
stacks. Square range, with C19 twin-range extension to rear at
left, 2 storeys and attic. 5 windows, 12-pane sashes with moulded
stone architraves. Ground floor has 4 similar, central doorcase
with attached Doric columns on bases with entablature, 6-panel door
of fielded panels with radial fanlight over. Central hipped dormer
of 6 panes. The home and death-place of Edward Jenner 1749-1823, the
discoverer of vaccination.
Listing NGR: ST6847799154
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings