History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St. Edith

A Grade II Listed Building in Little Carlton, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3466 / 53°20'47"N

Longitude: 0.1069 / 0°6'24"E

OS Eastings: 540351

OS Northings: 385370

OS Grid: TF403853

Mapcode National: GBR YY5R.Y1

Mapcode Global: WHJL5.M43R

Entry Name: Church of St. Edith

Listing Date: 9 July 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1308787

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195617

Location: Little Carlton, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Parish: Little Carlton

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Great Carlton St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Listing Text

TF 48 NW LITTLE CARLTON MAIN STREET
(north side)
1/12 Church of St.Edith
II
Parish church, now closed. 1837. Rendered with stucco
dressings and slate roofs. Western tower and spire, nave, south
porch, chancel, vestry. The 3 stage buttressed tower has corner
pinnacles and a plain parapet with set back crocketed octagonal
spire. The belfry stage has single small pointed lights to each
face. To the second stage, on all but the east face, are
pointer louvred lights. The south and north faces have a single
lancet to ground floor. The west door is in a plain pointed
opening. All openings to the tower have hood moulds with
floriate label stops. The vestry has a single pointed window.
Side walls of nave have a pair of 2 light windows with Y tracery,
those on the south with stucco surrounds. In the side walls of
the chancel are single blocked pointed openings. The blocked 4
centred arched east window has a stucco hood. The gabled south
porch has a 4 centred arch with stucco surround and double doors.
The inner doorway is similar. Interior. Triangular chancel
arch with moulded impost. Moulded rear arches to windows.
Ogee crocketed blocked arch, with finial, to tower. All
fittings have been removed.


Listing NGR: TF4035185370

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.