This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0629 / 52°3'46"N
Longitude: -0.8421 / 0°50'31"W
OS Eastings: 479478
OS Northings: 241135
OS Grid: SP794411
Mapcode National: GBR BYG.PXT
Mapcode Global: VHDSZ.CD5X
Entry Name: Old Wolverton Mill
Location: Wolverton and Greenleys, Milton Keynes, MK12
County: Milton Keynes
Parish: Wolverton and Greenleys
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Listing Date: 28 October 1976
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 45651
Source ID: 1310497
5135 STRATFORD ROAD
Old Wolverton Mill
SP 7941 7/6
A Domesday Mill. Present buildings late C18/early C19. Red brick with blue diaper.
South gable end extended circa 1835-40 to form entrance front. 2 and 3 storeys.
3 windows. Stone window heads and rusticated quoins to central entrance - which
is round headed, with gothick fanlight and a 6 panel door. 3 light casements -
except for single light over entrance - with glazing bars. Hipped slate roof to
right, low pitched slate roof to rest. Single storey lean-to to right, its gable
end to south built up as a segmental pediment over a round-headed window with Gothick
glazing. Single storey 4 bay stone built range to the left. 4 storey mill buildings
with 2 gables facing east, the right hand gable built up from a single storey lean-to
at later stage. Blocked round-headed arches over 2 races. A quatrefoil window
above right hand arch. A similar window flanked by lancets at rear. Water-wheels
gone. Former steam chimney to north-west. Once separate now incorporated in a
lean-to shed to north.
Listing NGR: SP7947841135
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings