This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3171 / 51°19'1"N
Longitude: 0.8948 / 0°53'41"E
OS Eastings: 601822
OS Northings: 161535
OS Grid: TR018615
Mapcode National: GBR SW3.C21
Mapcode Global: VHKJW.G5D4
Entry Name: The Parish Church of St Mary of Charity
Listing Date: 29 July 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1319973
English Heritage Legacy ID: 175878
Location: Faversham, Swale, Kent, ME13
Civil Parish: Faversham
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY OF CHARITY
Cruciform church of C14-C15, restored in the C19. But in 1755 the interior of the nave was pulled down and replaced by George Dance in classical style. This has Doric columns, a triglyph frieze with swags and branches in the metopes and semi-circular openings framing the medieval clerestory windows outside. The central medieval tower was likewise pulled down in 1797 and an openwork spire of brick built at the west end of the church which was encased in stone in 1855 by George Gilbert Scott who also reworked the nave and transepts [1873-1875].
659/1/98 CHURCH ROAD
TR 0161 NE PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY OF CHARITY
Listing NGR: TR0182461540
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings