Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1766 / 52°10'35"N
Longitude: -0.4253 / 0°25'31"W
OS Eastings: 507775
OS Northings: 254316
OS Grid: TL077543
Mapcode National: GBR G1N.F9G
Mapcode Global: VHFQ2.LK18
Entry Name: Parish Church of All Saints
Location: Ravensden, Bedford, MK44
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Listing Date: 13 July 1964
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 36473
Source ID: 1321235
TL 05SE RAVENSDEN CHURCH END
7/70 Parish Church of All
Parish church. Late C12 to late C17 or early C18. Coursed limestone rubble,
some brown cobbles, some red brick, with ashlar dressinqs. Clay tile roofs.
Chancel, N vestry, nave, S porch, N aisle, W tower. Chancel: C14, S wall
rebuilt circa 1700 in red brick. S windows square-headed with C19 tracery.
C14 E window reworked C20. C19 chancel arch. Segmental arch to N wall leads
to late C19 N vestry of brown cobbles. Nave: rebuilt C15, but retains Cl2 S
doorway with chequerboard pattern to interior tympanum. Timber and red brick
S porch circa 1700. C13 3-bay N arcade. C13 N aisle, with C15 windows and
doorway, latter blocked, and C17 roof of 2 cross gables. 2-stage W tower: c15
with simple C16 belfry windows and embattled parapet. Interior: Nave roof
plastered, but still with original ties and crown posts. Other roofs modern.
Nave S wall has 1718 monument to John Wigstaffe and wife Elizabeth.
Listing NGR: TL0777554316
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings