This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5503 / 51°33'1"N
Longitude: -0.2979 / 0°17'52"W
OS Eastings: 518114
OS Northings: 184865
OS Grid: TQ181848
Mapcode National: GBR 7V.1KL
Mapcode Global: VHGQP.S9DC
Entry Name: St Andrew's Presbyterian Church
Listing Date: 4 November 1993
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1335084
English Heritage Legacy ID: 435824
Location: Brent, London, HA0
Locality: Wembley Central
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St John Wembley
Church of England Diocese: London
The following building shall be added:
TQ 18 SE WEMBLEY EALING ROAD
935-/3/10007 St Andrew's Presbyterian
Former Presbyterian church. 1904, to the designs of Thomas
Collcutt and Stanley Hamp, who was also chief benefactor of
the church. Brick in Flemish bond with pebble dash; stone,
artificial stone, and brick dressings. Gable-facing roof of
tile, rounded to apse. A style strongly influenced by the Arts
and Crafts manner. Apse of one bay with hemispherical roof
separated from broad barrel-vaulted nave by coffered rib;
narthex formed within nave by wooden west gallery. Two
entrances set in round-arched colonnade at ritual west end.
Nearly free-standing northwest tower terminating in clock face
and open cupoa with diminutive buttresses. Diocletian windows
to nave with deep interior reveals; sill band inside and out.
Three round windows to apse and single, large round to west
gable. Flush stone dressings to openings and banding. Single
storey vestry to northeast. Fittings removed.
Listing NGR: TQ1811484865
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings