Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7775 / 51°46'38"N
Longitude: 0.1208 / 0°7'14"E
OS Eastings: 546404
OS Northings: 210881
OS Grid: TL464108
Mapcode National: GBR LDJ.FCQ
Mapcode Global: VHHM7.1LP8
Entry Name: Church of St Mary the Virgin
Location: Harlow, Essex, CM20
Locality: Mark Hall
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Listing Date: 5 July 1950
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 119461
Source ID: 1337049
5216 FIRST AVENUE
Church of St Mary
the Virgin, Latton
TL 41 SE 2/8 5.7.50
Former Parish Church. West tower, nave and chancel, probably built during
the C12. North chapel added in Circa 1470, and a south porch of brick
and timber during the C16. West tower of brick and coarsed stones with
embattled parapet short spire and vane; having a stair-turret at its south-east.
South porch red brick walls to sill-height with a timber structure and
roof with cusped verge-boards. The nave has 3 south windows of which 2
at the west, are of the C15 and C16. The church has a C15 east window,
and its north chapel has a window in its north-west wall, of 2 cinque-foiled
lights in a square head with label and good head-stops. The north chapel
retained much original colour and gilding of its timber roof when examined
by: RCHM (RCHM 2).
Listing NGR: TL4640410881
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings