This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4795 / 52°28'46"N
Longitude: -1.9036 / 1°54'13"W
OS Eastings: 406640
OS Northings: 286849
OS Grid: SP066868
Mapcode National: GBR 5Z9.K1
Mapcode Global: VH9YW.YYH2
Entry Name: Town Hall
Listing Date: 25 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343161
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217694
Location: Birmingham, B3
Metropolitan District Ward: Ladywood
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Philip Birmingham
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
City Centre B3
SP 0686 NE 33/37 25.4.52
Won in competition in 1830 by J A Hansom and E Welch; building started 1832 and
completed and enlarged by Charles Edge. Anglesey marble. Peripteral temple of
the Corinthian order, 8 bays by 15, and raised on a high rusticated podium with
round headed openings. In the walls of the cellar tall windows within eared
surrounds and standing on a moulded string course. The interior altered 1926-7.
Listing NGR: SP0664086849
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings