This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0306 / 52°1'50"N
Longitude: -2.7142 / 2°42'51"W
OS Eastings: 351095
OS Northings: 237148
OS Grid: SO510371
Mapcode National: GBR FL.G7C5
Mapcode Global: VH85V.W7Y6
Entry Name: Ruins of Church of St Peter About 20 Yards South of the Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 21 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1348848
English Heritage Legacy ID: 155623
Location: Grafton, County of Herefordshire, HR2
County: County of Herefordshire
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Bullinghope
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
GRAFTON CP BULLINGHOPE
SO 53 NW
2/26 Ruins of Church of
St Peter about 20 yards
south of The Old Vicarage
Former parish church, replaced by new Church of St Peter (qv) in 1880.
Possibly C12 with later alterations. Sandstone rubble and sandstone
dressings. Rectangular plan with west wall missing. Walls are about five
feet high and capped uniformly in concrete. Blocked north door and diagonal
buttresses. The church is reported to have fallen into decay before 1880.
A c1830 illustration of the church was in the vestry of the Church of St
Peter at the time of re-survey (June 1986). The Old Vicarage is not included
in this list. The ruins are a scheduled Ancient Monument, County number 130
under the name Bullingham Old Church. (BOE, p 140; RCHM, Vol I, p 83).
Listing NGR: SO5109537148
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings