This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7719 / 50°46'18"N
Longitude: 0.1013 / 0°6'4"E
OS Eastings: 548262
OS Northings: 99029
OS Grid: TV482990
Mapcode National: GBR LSP.GFX
Mapcode Global: FRA C731.M8W
Entry Name: The Parish Church of St Leonard
Listing Date: 2 March 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1352955
English Heritage Legacy ID: 292573
Location: Seaford, Lewes, East Sussex, BN25
County: East Sussex
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Sutton with Seaford
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
1607 CHURCH STREET
The Parish Church
of St Leonard
TV 4899 1/1 2.3.50.
C12 and C15. Flint, red tile roof. Early C12 Norman nave. Late C15
west tower of coursed ashlar of greensand stone on south side decorated
with flint and stone diaper with stone bands. Late C15 or early C16
tie beams and kingpost of roof. South aisle modernised; west doorway
a reconstruction (1893) of Norman doorway. East side rebuilt by John
Billing (1861-2). North-east chapel 1902. Medieval stone coffin and
coffin lid with floriated cross now preserved on south wall of tower.
Interesting Norman carving of St Michael and the Dragon, probably part
of the tympanum to the original south door, is preserved on the north
nave wall. Historiated Norman capital in south porch.
Listing NGR: TV4826399029
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings