Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8196 / 50°49'10"N
Longitude: 0.3368 / 0°20'12"E
OS Eastings: 564696
OS Northings: 104835
OS Grid: TQ646048
Mapcode National: GBR NW2.FZF
Mapcode Global: FRA C6LX.WHY
Entry Name: The Parish Church of St Nicolas
Location: Pevensey, Wealden, East Sussex, BN24
County: East Sussex
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Listing Date: 30 August 1966
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 295512
Source ID: 1353406
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 24/08/2015
TQ 6404 38/256
The Parish Church of St Nicolas
(Formerly listed as The Parish Church of St Nicholas)
Built of flint with stone dressings and tiled roof. Chancel, north chapel, nave with aisles and tower between the north chapel and north aisle. Clerestory. C13 restored by George Gilbert Scott junior in 1879, especially the chancel which had previously been shut off and disused. The north chapel was rebuilt on the old foundations in 1882. The topmost stage of the tower, which had been demolished about 1800, was rebuilt in 1893 with a broached shingled spire above it. Crown post roof. Monument to John Wheatley.
Listing NGR: TQ6469604837
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings