Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3784 / 51°22'42"N
Longitude: 0.0181 / 0°1'5"E
OS Eastings: 540546
OS Northings: 166301
OS Grid: TQ405663
Mapcode National: GBR M2.WS4
Mapcode Global: VHHP3.8MD6
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Location: Bromley, London, BR2
Locality: Hayes and Coney Hall
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Listing Date: 10 January 1955
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 358457
Source ID: 1359320
HAYES STREET, HAYES
Church of St Mary
TQ 46 NW 5/51 10.1.55.
Knapped flint with stone dressings. Chancel, Nave with Aisles, Vestry and
west Tower. The lower part of the Tower and the west wall of the Nave with
a lancet window date from circa 1200. The mullions of the windows in the
South Aisle and the Vestry date from circa 1350. But the Church was largely
rebuilt in the C19, the North Aisle by Sir Gilbert Scott in 1856, the South
Aisle and Vestry by J Oldrid Soott in 1879 and the chancel by Sir Thomas
Jackson in 1905. South porch dated 1965. Nave has old ashlared crown post,
rafter roof. North and South Aisles have crew post, scissor and rafter
The interior contains a modern monument to the Earl of Chatham and William
Pitt the younger.
Listing NGR: TQ4054666301
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings