This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8829 / 52°52'58"N
Longitude: -0.7213 / 0°43'16"W
OS Eastings: 486145
OS Northings: 332482
OS Grid: SK861324
Mapcode National: GBR CP2.BGL
Mapcode Global: WHFJH.WSQR
Entry Name: Denton Manor House
Listing Date: 21 September 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1360335
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193297
Location: Denton, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG32
District: South Kesteven
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Denton St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
DENTON HARSTON ROAD
Denton Manor House
House. C17, but with extensive alterations and additions of
1953, and 1965, by Marshall Sisson for Sir Bruno Welby. Coursed
ironstone rubble with ashlar quoins and Collyweston diminishing
coursed slate roof with stone coped gables and single ashlar
ridge and gable stacks. L-plan. 2 storey with attics, 5 bay
front, the left hand end bay is an addition of 1953, advanced and
separately gabled. Chamfered stone plinth. Off-centre C20
planked door set in chamfered ashlar surround with moulded
cornice. To right a 4 light window. To left, beyond the garden
wall, 2 further 4 light windows and in the advanced bay 2 pairs
of C20 French doors. To first floor are 3 three light windows
and beyond to the left a C20 glazing bar 3 light window. In the
gabled dormer with finials, to the right, is a 2 light window.
All windows have chamfered mullions and moulded cornices. There
have been 3 former houses in Denton Park. The last one, built in
1883 by Sir Arthur Blomfield was demolished c.1940.
Listing NGR: SK8614532482
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings