History in Structure

Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!

Manor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Anglezarke, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.6499 / 53°38'59"N

Longitude: -2.5748 / 2°34'29"W

OS Eastings: 362104

OS Northings: 417193

OS Grid: SD621171

Mapcode National: GBR BVG7.CC

Mapcode Global: WH97D.FJ49

Entry Name: Manor House

Location: Anglezarke, Chorley, Lancashire, PR6

County: Lancashire

District: Chorley

Parish: Anglezarke

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Listing Date: 17 April 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

English Heritage Legacy ID: 184265

Source ID: 1362112

Listing Text

ANGLEZARKE MOOR ROAD
SD 61 NW
10/14 Manor House
17.4.67
- II

Farmhouse. Dated 1604 on quoin at rear left corner, remodelled and extended
in C19. Coursed sandstone rubble with quoins, slate roof with projecting
eaves and barge-boarded left gable. Three-bay baffle-entry plan with
added rear outshut and long C19 extension. Two storeys; single-storey
gabled porch in line with ridge chimney at junction of 1st and 2nd bays has
long and short jamb stones to outer doorway, stone side benches, inner door
with chamfered jambs; to right 2nd bay to has a mullion and transom window
now of 10 lights but formerly 14 (left end blocked) under a shortened
hoodmould; to left 1st bay has a similar 10-light window which appears to
be a C19 copy of the other; 1st floor has mullioned windows of 3, 2 and 3
lights; and 3rd bay has C19 sashed window at ground floor. Left gable has
two 2-light mullioned windows at ground floor and a 4-light window above;
and partly covering the rear corner a C19 gabled porch with segmental-
headed outer doorway, a quoin stone now enclosed by this porch inscribed
"1604", and another "RS". (Quoins at the front of this end are inscribed
W S and WL 1778). Right gable has inter alia a 2-light mullioned
1772
window; rear has a 2-light cavetto-moulded mullion window. Interior
entirely remodelled.


Listing NGR: SD6210417193

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.