This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5896 / 52°35'22"N
Longitude: -2.4932 / 2°29'35"W
OS Eastings: 366683
OS Northings: 299207
OS Grid: SO666992
Mapcode National: GBR BW.9T27
Mapcode Global: WH9DN.N5YK
Entry Name: Willey Hall
Listing Date: 24 October 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1367858
English Heritage Legacy ID: 254331
Location: Barrow, Shropshire, TF12
Civil Parish: Barrow
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Linley with Willey and Barrow
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
1954 BARROW WILLEY
SO 69 NE 14/20 24.10.50.
1813. Architect, Lewis Wyatt. Stucco; 3 storeys. Of 3 bays with central
Corinthian tetrastyle portico with pediment and festooned frieze on inner
face. 3 windows each side. Domed semi-circular bay with curved portico
to right-hand return. Five-light wing on extreme left-hand. Dentilled
eaves; blocking course. Interior: Fine tunnel-vaulted Hall with gallery
on giant marble columns; Library with apsed ends; double curved staircase.
An elegant mansion and one of the last provincial houses in the grand
St John's church, Willey Old Hall and Church Row form a group.
Listing NGR: SO6668399207
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings