Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9004 / 52°54'1"N
Longitude: 0.8807 / 0°52'50"E
OS Eastings: 593849
OS Northings: 337552
OS Grid: TF938375
Mapcode National: GBR S7Y.1H4
Mapcode Global: WHLQY.HCL9
Entry Name: Church of All Saints and St Peter
Location: Walsingham, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR22
District: North Norfolk
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Listing Date: 6 March 1959
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 223058
Source ID: 1373997
5320 GREAT WAISINGHAM CHURCH ROAD
Church of All Saint's
and St Peter
TF 9337 NE 5/1A 6.3.59.
Mainly C14. Flint with ashlar dressings, with lead roofs. Comprising: nave,
north and south aisles, west tower, north and south porches. Chancel destroyed.
Clerestory windows are quatrefoils within circles. North and south aisles have
C14 2-light reticulated tracery windows, at east end of aisles similar but 3
lights. Large C14 west tower with diagonal buttresses on west corners, later
rendered brick parapet and 2-light bell openings, and large 3-light west window
with reticulated tracery. Perpendicular north and south porches, the south porch
with niches flanking entrance.
Interior: 4-bay north and south arcades. Good arched brace nave roof with small
collar-beams, and contemporary north aisle roof. Very good late C15 benches,
almost complete, in nave and aisles. C17 altar table, and rails with moulded
balusters and finials with central gate. C15 font with C17 cover. Pulpit dated
1613 incorporating earlier traceried panels. Some fragments of C14 stained glass
in heads of north and south aisle windows.
Listing NGR: TF9384937552
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings