This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1455 / 52°8'43"N
Longitude: -1.8077 / 1°48'27"W
OS Eastings: 413254
OS Northings: 249708
OS Grid: SP132497
Mapcode National: GBR 4M7.KRF
Mapcode Global: VHB0P.MB6L
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 5 April 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1382736
English Heritage Legacy ID: 483121
Location: Dorsington, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Dorsington St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP14NW VILLAGE STREET
1931-1/5/41 (East side)
05/04/67 Church of St Peter
Church. 1754-8, probably on earlier foundations, with c1870
restorations and chancel. Brick laid to Flemish bond on
coursed blue lias rubble plinth, with ashlar dressings;
steeply pitched renewed graduated stone slate roofs.
PLAN: 2-bay nave, small square chancel and west tower.
EXTERIOR: flush quoins and coped gables. Chancel has coped
gable with cross, east window with Y tracery, single-chamfered
light to north and 2-light straight-headed south window. Nave
has modillioned brick cornice; 2 windows of 2 single-chamfered
trefoil-headed lights, probably 1870s.
3-stage tower has 2 string courses and plain stone-coped brick
parapet with plain stone pinnacles; west entrance has plain
moulded ashlar arch to plank door; top stage has blind
segmental-headed windows with inset lights.
INTERIOR: 4-bay roof has king post trusses with braces and
iron straps; double-chamfered chancel arch with corbels,
chancel roof has stop-chamfered members and boarding.
FITTINGS: mostly 1870s, chancel has enriched panelling and
altar rail on arched supports, plain pews with blind tracery
to ends; pulpit, possibly reconstructed, has early C17
enriched round-arched panels and late C17 foliate panels, top
cornice with egg-and-dart; prayer desk has similar cornice and
linen-fold panels; octagonal Perpendicular font is plain with
rich string course and cornice on mid C17 base with faceted
panels, some C17 graffiti; painted 1870s charity panel.
STAINED GLASS: some C19 and C20 glass; good C19 east window.
(Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Warwickshire: Harmondsworth:
Listing NGR: SP1325449708
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings