This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 56.5066 / 56°30'23"N
Longitude: -3.0912 / 3°5'28"W
OS Eastings: 332935
OS Northings: 735486
OS Grid: NO329354
Mapcode National: GBR VG.J5VK
Mapcode Global: WH6PY.HQ79
Entry Name: East Adamston
Listing Date: 26 August 1992
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 338080
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB6487
Building Class: Cultural
Locality: Monifieth and Sidlaw
Traditional County: Angus
Earlier 19th century. Single and 2-storey, 3-bay, U-plan, classically styled farmhouse. Pink and buff rubble construction, ashlar dressings, piended slate roof. Margined windows (painted cement-rendered at S elevation), mostly 4- and 12-pane sash and case frames; deep eaves; prominent shouldered and corniced end and wallhead stacks.
S ELEVATION: door with plain margined doorcase, fanlight and block pediment at advanced central bay, 12-pane window at 1st floor; window at ground floor left and right with plain block canopy detail, 12-pane windows at 1st floor.
W ELEVATION: window at ground floor right at main house, window at ground floor and 2 windows at 1st floor of service wing at right.
E ELEVATION: main house at right blank, single storey projectin at left with bipartite window.
N ELEVATION: door at single storey link at centre, stair window at main house; 2-storey service wing projecting at left with window at ground floor, 1 window at ground and 2 at 1st floor right return; window at single storey wing at right.
INTERIOR: well stair with decorative cast-iron balusters; some early chimneypieces; some shutters and doors with fielded panels.
East Adamston was owned by the Duncans of Lundie, later of Camperdown during the 18th and 19th centuries. There is a lintel 'DY 1757' re-set into the east elevation of the adjacent steading.