Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 57.5782 / 57°34'41"N
Longitude: -3.5696 / 3°34'10"W
OS Eastings: 306234
OS Northings: 855328
OS Grid: NJ062553
Mapcode National: GBR K8KP.MKP
Mapcode Global: WH5HC.4SG9
Entry Name: Blervie House
Traditional County: Morayshire
Listing Date: 26 January 1971
Source: Historic Scotland
Building Class: Cultural
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB15581
Source ID: 349229
J M Dick Peddie, 1909 - 11; service wing additions, 1907.
Edwardian classical, substantial 2-storey mansion. Coursed
rubble, tooled and polished ashlar dressings and margins. E
facing entrance front with W garden elevation.
12-bay E front with slightly advanced centre 2 and outer 2
bays; wide segmental pediment to centre fronted by porte
cochere supported by 2 sets paired Roman Doric columns;
panelled entrance door with narrow side lights. paired 1st
floor windows with moulded lintels and Gibbsian detailing;
coat of arms in centre of tympanum; channelled ashlar angle
W GARDEN FRONT: symmetrical 2-storey and attic 10-bay W front
with wide advanced outer bays each with shallow projecting
bowed 3-light window rising full-height; centre 2 bays
defined by giant channelled angle pilaster strips under wide segmental-headed pediment with tympanum crest; long
multi-pane glazed French windows in bays 3 and 8; 6
Longer windows in ground floor than 1st; 12- and 15-pane
glazing; channelled ashlar quoins to all projecting bays;
deep ashlar base course. Panelled coped end and ridge stacks;
piended slate roofs.
Lower 1907 2-storey service wing at S gable.
INTERIOR: spacious austere interior with simple detailing.
Central vaulted top lit stairhall with arcaded screen
supported by paired Roman Doric columns; wooden staircase
with balusters and wide moulded handrail.
DRAWING ROOM: simple chimneypiece at each end with mantel
shelf supported by paired slender columns, sliding doors
divide room. Simple moulded cornices; beaded panelled window
shutters and doors, moulded door frames.
GATEPIERS: sited at road end of long driveway (NJ 066 557).
Probably 1776 and removed to present site from former Blervie
House, now Blervie Mains House. Tall pair square polished
ashlar piers, panelled; deep moulded cornice with stepped cap
supporting swagged urn with fluted base. No gates.
Built by Captain H B Galloway, 7th Seaforths, killed in