This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 57.0817 / 57°4'54"N
Longitude: -2.7809 / 2°46'51"W
OS Eastings: 352766
OS Northings: 799234
OS Grid: NO527992
Mapcode National: GBR WR.7V4G
Mapcode Global: WH7NJ.881G
Entry Name: Aboyne Castle, Allach Bridge
Listing Date: 30 March 2000
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 394457
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB47074
Building Class: Cultural
Location: Aboyne and Glen Tanar
Parish: Aboyne And Glen Tanar
Locality: Aboyne, Upper Deeside and Donside
Traditional County: Aberdeenshire
Dated 1787. Triple span, segmental-arched bridge. Coursed grey granite. Slightly recessed arch panel with finely finished arch ring, tooled datestone reading "EA 1787"; dentil moulded entablature; flat-coped parapet, swept down to E and W; slightly splayed wing walls with plinths for spherical caps.
A-Group with Aboyne Castle, Mains of Aboyne, Home Farm, South Lodge, West Lodge, Walled Garden and Ice House. "CEA" stands for Charles, 4th Earl of Aboyne, and also appears on the ice house (see separate listing) of some 70 years later, this time representing his grandson the 6th Earl of Aboyne. Allach Bridge was originally crossed to reach the castle from the East Lodge (now demolished).
Other nearby listed buildings