This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0369 / 52°2'12"N
Longitude: -3.9333 / 3°55'59"W
OS Eastings: 267488
OS Northings: 239369
OS Grid: SN674393
Mapcode National: GBR DY.FYV5
Mapcode Global: VH4HC.S20C
Entry Name: Dyffryn
Listing Date: 11 July 1994
Last Amended: 2 August 1995
Source ID: 14554
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Approximately 0.5 km S of Cynwyl Gaeo at end of short track off Caeo-Crugybar by-road.
Community: Cynwyl Gaeo
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Formerly the vicarage. Built 1823 for ú350. Small extension to rear built 1879 by D.P Davies, surveyor, costing ú237.
Scribed rendered elevations. Hipped slate roof to front block with late C19 terracotta crested ridges and decorative finials. Wide bracketed moulded soffits. Wide rendered chimney-stack to rear wall of front block, rendered stack to centre-ridge of rear wing. Three bay 2-storey symmetrical facade, 12-pane hornless sashes. Added central half-glazed porch, inner round-arched doorway, 6-panel door; fanlight with radiating glazing bars. Left end with 12-pane hornless sash to each storey. Right end with upper 8-pane horned sash; 12-pane horned sash below with cellar window underneath.
Rear cross-wing with 4-bay front. Twelve-pane hornless sash to left, lighting staircase. The other 3 bays are symmetrical, with 12-pane horned sashes about a boarded door with 3-pane overlight. Rear of wing with later outshut having C20 window to left and sashes to right.
Narrow central hall, panelled doors to main rooms. Early C19 staircase to rear wing with swept-up handrail, bulbous newel and scrolled tread-ends. On the N side is the former Vicar's study with pitch-pine boarded wagon roof.
Well-preserved late Georgian former vicarage
Other nearby listed buildings