This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0446 / 52°2'40"N
Longitude: -3.8198 / 3°49'11"W
OS Eastings: 275288
OS Northings: 240031
OS Grid: SN752400
Mapcode National: GBR Y3.F958
Mapcode Global: VH4H7.QVYZ
Entry Name: Cwm House
Listing Date: 29 November 1995
Last Amended: 29 November 1995
Source ID: 16975
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated on W side of village street, immediately opposite church
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
1835-8 C19 village house, formerly the Mason's Arms. James Edwards, carpenter and builder, rebuilt a house on the site after 1835, in 1838 there is mention of a newly-built dwelling-house and shop. Sold to Daniel Richards 1840, (d1846), and to Neuadd Fawr estate 1863. Occupied in 1863 by Thomas Morgan and in 1871 and 1891 by John Morgan, Surveyor of Highways. Name changed from Mason's Arms to Cwm House in C20.
Roughcast with slate roof and end stacks, rendered to left, late C19 yellow brick to right. Two-storey, 3-window range of horned 12-pane sashes and centre 6-panel door, four glazed. Stucco plinth, stone sills, flat boarded eaves. Rear has hipped SW rear wing, C20 windows.
Group value with church and other listed items in Cilycwm village. A good example of C19 village house, in Georgian tradition.
Other nearby listed buildings