This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.045 / 52°2'41"N
Longitude: -3.8195 / 3°49'10"W
OS Eastings: 275316
OS Northings: 240071
OS Grid: SN753400
Mapcode National: GBR Y3.F98F
Mapcode Global: VH4H7.RV5P
Entry Name: Glandwr
Listing Date: 29 November 1995
Last Amended: 29 November 1995
Source ID: 16981
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated in village on S side of Ship St, to W of Y Bont.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
History: Mid C19 village house and former shop. Called Glandwr Shop at 1891 census, when occupied by William Davies, grocer. Not marked on 1845 Tithe Map. Ship Street was known as Glandwr and the houses there were part of the Cawdor estate until the early C20.
Description: Whitewashed C20 roughcast, slate roof, and C20 W end stack. Two-storey, three-window range. Three small hornless 12-pane sashes to first floor. Ground floor door, shopwindow, door, 12-pane sash, only the last aligned. House door is recessed and half-glazed. Left door is C20 stable door, and window adjoining is fixed 9-pane.
Included for group value with Y Bont and houses on N side of Ship Street.
Reference: Carmarthenshire Antiquary 1994 91
Other nearby listed buildings