History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lidmore Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Wenvoe, Vale of Glamorgan

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.4246 / 51°25'28"N

Longitude: -3.307 / 3°18'25"W

OS Eastings: 309220

OS Northings: 170320

OS Grid: ST092703

Mapcode National: GBR HR.PJVX

Mapcode Global: VH6FJ.MGK8

Entry Name: Lidmore Farmhouse

Listing Date: 10 October 2002

Last Amended: 10 October 2002

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 26995

Building Class: Domestic

Location: Part of a small group of buildings S of Dyfrryn, E of Northcliff, including the former Lidmore Mill

County: Vale of Glamorgan

Community: Wenvoe

Locality: Dyffryn

Traditional County: Glamorgan

History

Farmhouse probably with an early C18 origin refurbished in C19. Also known as Lydmore. Former farm ranges on other side of lane, shown on Tithe Map of 1842, now converted to dwellings.

Exterior

Farmhouse. Walls of limewashed rubble, Welsh slate roof with 4 corniced brick ridge and end stacks. Two wings, the narrower downhill and set back at each elevation. Two storeys. Main frontage faces garden. This has a 3-window range of sashes to the left main unit: 2 to left (plus one smaller to ground floor) and one to right of a gabled porch; this is of rock-faced stone with brick dressings, including moulded brick cambered arch, flag floor and boarded door. First floor windows are 6/6-pane sashes with cambered heads; 4/8-pane to ground floor: set back wing to right has similar first floor sash and ground floor casement. To rear the main range has a rear single storey lean-to with small windows and doorway in return. To left the downhill unit has a first floor sash, plain ground floor doorway with to right a small deep-set rectangular window with mullions and 8-pane casement adjacent.

Interior

Interior believed to retain open fireplaces in main wing and some chamfered cross beams and exposed joists.

Reasons for Listing

Listed as a pre-1840 farmhouse which has retained its character.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Well House
    In the hamlet of Dyffryn S of the Dyffryn gardens boundary wall.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.