Description: Parish Hall (Old Boys School)
Date Listed: 9 April 1952
English Heritage Building ID: 151083
OS Grid Reference: SO7365447105
OS Grid Coordinates: 373654, 247105
Latitude/Longitude: 52.1216, -2.3862
Parish Hall (Old Boys' School)
Probably the church ale house, later school and now parish hall. Circa late C15 or early C16,
extended 1674, restored C19. Timber framed with tiled roof with gable ends. Stone plinth. Two storeys with oversailing upper floor, moulded bressumers and carved brackets and octagonal shafts on angle posts. Along the middle of upper storey is a restored moulded stringcourse. Restored wood mullion and transom windows with cusped heads. Projecting north wing added circa 1674. Rebuilt chimney stack incorporating a stone inscribed "Church Wardens, Richard Turner, William Bullock, 1674". RCHM Volume II, page 62, plate 123. AM.
The Church with the Lychgate. Parish Hall. Church Cottage and the Rectory with the wall and stables form a good group
Listing NGR: SO7365447105
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.