Church of St James, Bartestree
Description: Church of St James
Date Listed: 11 October 1985
English Heritage Building ID: 154863
OS Grid Reference: SO5667240949
OS Grid Coordinates: 356672, 240949
Latitude/Longitude: 52.0652, -2.6334
Location: A438, Bartestree, County of Herefordshire HR1 4DD
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
BARTESTREE CP BARTESTREE
SO 54 SE
2/7 Church of St James
Parish church. 1888 by Nicholson and Son. Dressed and coursed sandstone
rubble, ashlar dressings, slate roof. Nave, south porch, chancel and apse
with north vestry. Three-bay nave with raised verges and moulded cornice,
buttressing at west and east ends. Two lancets with moulded surrounds and
further window with two trefoil-headed lights and central trefoil to right
of gabled porch with buttressing and decorative head motifs; plain bell-
cote to west. Chancel with half-octagonal plan apse and similar lancet
window with moulded surround. Interior retains contemporary fittings with
fine stained glass windows. (BoE, p 71).
Listing NGR: SO5667240949
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.