Description: Station-Master's House
Date Listed: 16 May 1988
English Heritage Building ID: 164671
OS Grid Reference: TA0509432897
OS Grid Coordinates: 505094, 432897
Latitude/Longitude: 53.7818, -0.4065
COTTINGHAM STATION ROAD
TA 03 SE
8/30 Station-master's house
Station-master's house. 1846, probably by G T Andrews for York and North Midland
Railway. Red brick with slate roofs. 2 storeys. L-shaped plan. Ashlar plinth, sill band. 4-panelled door, with overlight with intersecting glazing bars, in pilastered doorcase to re-entrant angle flanked to left by sash with glazing bars under cambered gauged brick arch. First-floor ashlar sill band to 2 similar,
smaller, windows. Rear range has sash with glazing bars and sill flanked by
two C20 sashes with radial glazing formed out of blocked round-headed doors.
Impost band. First-floor band; sash with glazing bars. End elevation has a
canted bay with sashes with glazing bars. First floor band, sash with glazing
bars. Oversailing eaves, paired axial stacks with strainer arches to main
range, axial stack to rear range.
Listing NGR: TA0509432897
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.