Description: Church of Holy Trinity
Date Listed: 16 December 1966
English Heritage Building ID: 164963
OS Grid Reference: SE8411624306
OS Grid Coordinates: 484116, 424306
Latitude/Longitude: 53.7084, -0.7271
SE 82 SW BLACKTOFT MAIN STREET
Church of Holy Trinity
Church. 1841 by John Harper. Ashlar and Welsh slate roof. In
Perpendicular style. West tower, 4-bay nave with north vestry, apsidal
chancel. 3-stage tower with diagonal buttresses. Doorway with 4-centred
arch. Coved string course with 3-light window above. Pairs of 2-light
belfry openings to each face. Nave: 2-light windows divided by buttresses.
Lancets to vestry. 3-light windows to chancel. Interior: tall chancel arch
re-sited from earlier church on same site. Box pews. Carved chancel
screen. Pevsner N, Yorkshire: York and The East Riding, 1972.
Listing NGR: SE8411624306
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.