Parish Church of St Mary, Bridlington
Description: Parish Church of St Mary
Date Listed: 7 September 1951
English Heritage Building ID: 166161
OS Grid Reference: TA1770167985
OS Grid Coordinates: 517701, 467985
Latitude/Longitude: 54.0943, -0.2018
Location: Church Green, Bridlington, East Riding of Yorkshire YO16 7JU
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
TA 1767NE BRIDLINGTON KIRKGATE
07-SEP-1951 Parish Church of
Founded circa 1113 by William de Gant for the canons of the Order of St Augustine. Only the nave and portions of the towers remain of the stone Priory Church. Chiefly C14 and C15. Restored by Gilbert Scott and towers completed 1846-1879.
The Parish Church of St Mary forms a group with Nos 20 to 22 (consec) Church Green, Nos 15 to 18 (consec) Church Green; The Bayle Gate, Baylegate; Nos 11 to 16 (consec) Baylegate; Nos 4 to 8 (consec) Kirgate and Nos 15 to 20 (consec), Kirgate Nos 11 to 16 (consec) Baylegate are of local interest.
Listing NGR: TA1769967986
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.