If you log in, you can comment on buildings, submit new photos or update photos that you've already submitted.
Description: All the Medieval Monuments, C18 Font and C18 Sundial in Garden of No 1 (Windyridge)
Date Listed: 22 February 1979
English Heritage Building ID: 166398
OS Grid Reference: TA1874528776
OS Grid Coordinates: 518745, 428776
Latitude/Longitude: 53.7418, -0.2010
All the medieval monuments,
C18 font and C18 sundial
in garden of No 1 (Windyridge)
TA 1828 NE 1/53
Part of the collection of James Iveson (who lived in No 3 (Ivy House) Market
Hill, qv, from 1807), taken from various East Riding churches.
1. Chamfered 2-centred arch. Reputedly from Hilston. About 3 yds from north-west
corner of house.
2. Octagonal pier with moulded capital, head cemented in to east side.
Reputedly from Kilnsea. About 2 yds from east side of house.
3. Jambs and lintel of a door. Reputedly from Keyingham. Head from "Albina's Tomb"
No 3 Market Hill. About 15 yds west of house.
4. Octagonal font, apparently C15, but the carvings are supposed to be C19.
Five yds south of 3.
5. Cusped 2-centred arch. Reputedly from Kilnsea. Just south of 3.
6. C18 octagonal vase-shaped font. Five yds south of house.
7. Two C13 capitals with nailhead ornament, and stiff-leaf corbels attached
to sides. Reputed to have come from a bank in Bull. Three yds from south-west
corner of house.
8. C18 sundial, vase-shaped with gadrooned top: copper dial, inscribed in
contemporary lettering. Ten yds south of house.
9. Basin: circular with 4 projections, on moulded base with frieze of ivy
leaves. Base possibly C13. Between north-east corner of house and garden gate.
10. Grotesque head, probably a corbel. Reputedly from Kilnsea. About 3 yds
from north-west corner of the house.
Listing NGR: TA1874528776
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.