Description: The Priory
Date Listed: 24 November 1966
English Heritage Building ID: 167947
OS Grid Reference: TQ5842439494
OS Grid Coordinates: 558424, 139494
Latitude/Longitude: 51.1328, 0.2629
TQ 5839 SW 2/12
TQ 5839 NW 3/12 24.11.66
Circa 1827. A pair by Decimus Burton. No 2 is of 3 storeys ashlar. Slate roof
having 3 gables with cornices. 3 casement windows with hood mouldings and 'Gothick'
heads to ground floor windows. Central french windows set in a 3 light bay with
crenellations above. Ogee arch. Plinth. Steps to street.
The right side portion of No 3 is Circa 1827. 2 storeys basement and attics ashlar.
Slate roof with 1 dormer. Projecting portion containing 2 casements with hood
moulding on the upper floor. The ground floor windows have 'Gothick' heads. Plinth.
9 steps to street with cast iron handrail. To the left is an extension of the
Mid C19 with a gable. 1 window, 3 light mullion on the 2nd floor and 4 light
mullion on the 1st floor with hood moulding above.
Nos 2 and 3 and Holy Trinity Church and walls form a group.
Listing NGR: TQ5842639494
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.