Description: The College
Date Listed: 24 September 1951
English Heritage Building ID: 179902
OS Grid Reference: TR0106142703
OS Grid Coordinates: 601061, 142703
Latitude/Longitude: 51.1483, 0.8733
5344 THE CHURCHYARD
TR 0142 NW 1/48 24.9.51.
Founded in the reign of Edward IV as the Vicarage, but moot of this building was
demolished in the C18. L-shaped building. The north wing is timber framed with
plaster infill. 2 storeys. Tiled roof with eaves cornice. 3 modern casement
windows. The west wing dates from the C18. 2 storeys red brick. Cornice and
parapet, 3 sashes with glazing bars intact. Painted wooden doorcase with pediment,
rusticated pilasters and 6 panel door.
All the items in the Churchyard form a group, together with Nos 51 to 61 (odd)
61A, 63 to 67 (odd). 67A, 69 to 71 (odd). 75 and the rear part of No 75. High Street.
Listing NGR: TR0106142703
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.