Description: Wheatley Farmhouse and Former Stable Adjoining to the South
Date Listed: 13 February 1967
English Heritage Building ID: 183044
OS Grid Reference: SD6199639859
OS Grid Coordinates: 361996, 439859
Latitude/Longitude: 53.8536, -2.5792
SD 63 NW THORNLEY-WITH-WHEATLEY FOUR ACRE LANE
7/158 Wheatley Farmhouse and former
13.2.67 stable adjoining to the south
(formerly listed as Wheatley
Farmhouse, 'R A 1774' on plaque. Squared, coursed sandstone with slate roof.
House of central-entry double-pile plan with end stacks. 2 storeys with
attic. Windows have plain stone surrounds, having lost their square mullions.
The door has a shouldered architrave with narrow pulvinated frieze and moulded
pediment. Attached towards the rear of the right-hand gable is a large stone
trough carved from one piece of stone and dated '1832'. The rear wall has
plain stone window surrounds, the 2 on the 1st floor retaining their square
mullions and being of 2 lights. The rear door is now within a later extension
and has an architrave with 'EHA 1758' incised on the lintel. Adjoining to the
left is a former stable or shippon having a door with plain stone surround,
and a round pitching hole with plain stone surround on the 1st floor of the
left-hand gable. Above is a square pitching hole.
Listing NGR: SD6199639859
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.