Description: Parish Church of St Mary
Date Listed: 5 January 1950
English Heritage Building ID: 188674
OS Grid Reference: SK6262705981
OS Grid Coordinates: 462627, 305981
Latitude/Longitude: 52.6480, -1.0758
SK 60 NW 15/132 5.1.50 Parish Church of St Mary
C14 west tower in four stages with angle buttresses, quatrefoil frieze
and short broach spire. Medieval masonry in chancel. The rest (nave,
north and south) rebuilt in early C15 manner by Raphael Brandon in 1858.
The west tower incorporates some moulded effigies and incised stones and
a monument to Richard Hotoft 1451 incised slab of a Knight on a tomb-chest.
Listing NGR: SK6262705981
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.