Description: The Vicarage
Date Listed: 29 December 1950
English Heritage Building ID: 197266
OS Grid Reference: TF2509022462
OS Grid Coordinates: 525090, 322462
Latitude/Longitude: 52.7852, -0.1466
TF 2421 1/41 29.12.50.
Early C19 house of 2 storeys with 2 wings slightly lower but of similar build.
Cement-rendered. Centre has (renovated) stone quoins, band between storeys and
moulded plinth. 5 windows hung sashes with glazing bars, rusticated lintels.
4 windows on ground floor. Very good projecting porch in Roman Ionic with attractive
ornamental frieze, fluted columns and open pediment. Modillion eaves cornice.
Left wing of 2 windows, ground floor with rusticated lintels. Upper windows
have rectangular wrought iron balconies and modern glazing. Right hand wing
has 2 windows on both floors, later glazing. Both wings set back, that to the
Gamlyn's Almshouses, Nos 3 to 8 (consec), Former Stables to No 3 and Garden Wall
to the south of No 4 form a group.
Listing NGR: TF2509022462
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.