Description: Abbey Buildings
Date Listed: 29 December 1950
English Heritage Building ID: 197352
OS Grid Reference: TF2469122511
OS Grid Coordinates: 524691, 322511
Latitude/Longitude: 52.7858, -0.1525
Nos 1 to 7 (consec)
TF 2421 1/113 29.12.50.
Row of cottages constructed out of the remains of part of the Priory of Cll foundation,
though this part is of late C14 or early C15. Red brick with stone dressings
and a slate roof. A long building, divided on the south side into 7 bays by
stone buttresses. This forms the back elevation of the cottages. North side
has 1 stone mullioned rectangular window to each, and other modern mullioned
windows have been added. Repaired gable end. Arched dripmoulds over plain doors.
Nos 1 to 7 (consec) form a group.
Listing NGR: TF2469122511
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.