Parish Church of All Saints, Bexley
Description: Parish Church of All Saints
Date Listed: 25 August 1954
English Heritage Building ID: 198711
OS Grid Reference: TQ4757971293
OS Grid Coordinates: 547579, 171293
Latitude/Longitude: 51.4214, 0.1211
Location: Rectory Lane, Bexley, Greater London DA14 5BS
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
Parish Church of
(formerly listed under
TQ 4771 17/8 25.8.54
Church largely rebuilt circa 1863 by Henry Hakewill; though west spire and
west porch belong to earlier church, also single lancet, 2 Perpendicular windows
and wide arch to north aisle. Flint with stone bands and dressings; red tile
roof. Nave with west porch, chancel, south chapel, north vestries and organ
chamber. Wooden bell tower over nave, with shingled broached spire. Interior
includes late C12 font, with water-leaf capitals to corner shafts; gate to
rood-loft stairs dated 1638; mid C14 effigy.
Listing NGR: TQ4757971293
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.