Parish Church of St John the Baptish, Bexley
Description: Parish Church of St John the Baptish
Date Listed: 20 May 1953
English Heritage Building ID: 198724
OS Grid Reference: TQ5076378725
OS Grid Coordinates: 550763, 178725
Latitude/Longitude: 51.4874, 0.1701
Location: Lower Road, Belvedere, Greater London DA8 1BS
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
Parish Church of
St John the Baptist
(formerly listed as
Church of St John)
TQ 5078 6/1 20.5.53
Nave, chancel and west tower, largely C12 with some older work incorporated:
later windows. South aisle C13; south chapel C15-16. Flint and stone walls.
Nave arcade of 3 short round piers and double-chamfered arches. Heavy restoration
in 1877, by Habershon and Pite, architects, included addition of south porch
and north chapel and aisle. South chapel east window by Kempe 1905. C15 and
C16 brasses. C16 and C17 monuments. In churchyard, monuments and tombs include
memorials to John Harris, 1752 and to George William Brown, 1848. Wooden lychgate
to south, not of special interest.
Listing NGR: TQ5076378725
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.