Description: Mill Hill School
Date Listed: 3 February 1950
English Heritage Building ID: 199034
OS Grid Reference: TQ2259592621
OS Grid Coordinates: 522595, 192621
Latitude/Longitude: 51.6191, -0.2306
5004 THE RIDGEWAY
Mill Hill School
TQ 2292 17/22 3.2.50
Circa 1825. By Sir William Tite with assembly hall added in 1905 by T E Collcutt.
Street front long 2 storey range in grey brick, with stone dressings. 18.104.22.168 three
bays, the ends and centre set forward. Round headed ground floor windows. Centre-
piece with stone pediment and full height coupled pilasters. Windows and door with
eared surrounds. Main front with hexastyle pedimented Ionic portico on opposite side.
Built for the Congregational College founded 1807 on the site of Peter Collinson's
(died 1768) famour botanic garden. Collcutt's wing of 2 storeys is free classical
style. Stucco with stone dresslngs. Hipped, slated roof. Low additions of no
Listing NGR: TQ2259592621
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.