Description: The Engine House and Boiler House with Adjoining Chimney at Addington Well Pumping Station
Date Listed: 15 February 1983
English Heritage Building ID: 201199
OS Grid Reference: TQ3708362779
OS Grid Coordinates: 537083, 162779
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3476, -0.0330
5009 FEATHERBED LANE
The Engine House and
Boiler House with
adjoining Chimney at
Addington Well Pumping
TQ 36 SE 6/20
Built in 1888. Two storeys. Five windows. Yellow brick with red brick dressings.
Tiled roof. Each pair of windows is flanked by the whole height of the building
with the ground floor windows bracketted under a red brick relieving arch. Brick
modillion eaves cornice. Two small gablets like dormers with small round windows
set in red brick semi-circular arches. Glazing bars intact.
Tall rectangular brick chimney at the south east corner. Contains 2 beam pumping
engines:- a. 1888, by Easton, Anderson and Godden Ltd of Earith. b. 1893, by
Glenfield & Co Ltd of Kilmanock. Both are in full working order. b. has the
contemporary Cornish boilers which together with modern boilers are contained in the
Boiler House adjoining the Engine House on the east.
Listing NGR: TQ3708362779
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.