Description: The Old Schools, Harrow School
Date Listed: 21 September 1951
English Heritage Building ID: 201999
OS Grid Reference: TQ1531987361
OS Grid Coordinates: 515319, 187361
Latitude/Longitude: 51.5733, -0.3374
The Old Schools, Harrow School
(formerly listed as building
situated on the west side of
Church Hill immediately south
of the Vicarage and known as
The Old Schools)
TQ 1587 SW 16/9 21.9.51
West wing, originally built 1615 and incorporating panelled schoolroom probably about
that date. Architect Mr Sly. East wing added 1820 by C R Cockerell and the Whole,
apart from the left flank wall, appears to be refaced in red brick at that date.
Two main storeys with basement and staircase link between the wings. Mullion and
transom window and oriel at first-storey. Stepped gables with tiled roof.
Listing NGR: TQ1532687367
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.