Description: Council Offices
Date Listed: 25 October 1984
English Heritage Building ID: 204947
OS Grid Reference: TQ4267483459
OS Grid Coordinates: 542674, 183459
Latitude/Longitude: 51.5320, 0.0555
TQ 48 SW HIGH STREET SOUTH
4/15 (East side)
EAST HAM E6
- Council Offices
Former fire station now offices, at corner of Nelson Street 1913. (Dated in parapet
of tower). J E W Birch, Borough Surveyor. Bold red brick building of two and a
half storeys with terracotta dressings and slated roof. 4 bays to front and return
elevation of three bays to right. Tappring slated cupola to tower at corner.
Mullioned and transomed windows to 1st floor with 4 rusticated segmental leaded
openings to ground. Pedimented gables to 2nd floor. Gabled parapet to tower with
obelisks. Listed for group value with library and town hall.
Listing NGR: TQ4267483459
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.