Description: Gunmakers Company Hall and Proof House
Date Listed: 27 September 1973
English Heritage Building ID: 205869
OS Grid Reference: TQ3413381302
OS Grid Coordinates: 534133, 181302
Latitude/Longitude: 51.5147, -0.0683
COMMERCIAL ROAD E1
Nos 46 to 50 (even)
Hall and Proof House)
TQ 3481 15/468
No 46 Hall. 1872. Stock brick with stucco dressings. 2 storeys, 5 windows.
Central entrance with coat of arms above. Court Room etc.
Proof House. Nos 48 and 50. 1826. Robert Turner Cotton architect. No 48, brick
bays marked by stone pilasters. Entablature and blocking course. 1 storey, 3
bays. Entrance in centre and 1 blank window each side. Blank attic above central
bay. Doorway with architrave, consoles and segmental pediment. Paved yard at
rear with proof sheds etc. No 50. Yellow stock brick with stucco cornice and
blocking course. 3 storeys, 2 windows, recessed and arched on ground floor (see
Listing NGR: TQ3413381302
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.