Description: Church of St Saviour
Date Listed: 29 March 1985
English Heritage Building ID: 206916
OS Grid Reference: TQ3669187910
OS Grid Coordinates: 536691, 187910
Latitude/Longitude: 51.5735, -0.0289
TQ 38 NE MARKHOUSE ROAD
2/21 (west side)
29.3.85 Church of St Saviour
Church. 1874. By T F Dolman. Squared coursed rubblestone; asbestos slates to roof.
Geometrical style. Five-bay nave, aisles, clerestory; full-height chancel with
polygonal apse; tower to north-west corner, of three stages with octagonal stair
turret and broach spire. Interior has richly moulded pointed arcades supported by
piers with applied shafts. Two-light windows to clerestory set within blind arcading
with detached shafts. Three lancets to west end. Three-light central window to east
end. Roof replaced at lower pitch after fire in 1945. Furnishings include C19 font,
pulpit and reredos.
Listing NGR: TQ3669187910
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.