Description: Church of Holy Trinity
Date Listed: 14 July 1955
English Heritage Building ID: 207101
OS Grid Reference: TQ2259573720
OS Grid Coordinates: 522595, 173720
Latitude/Longitude: 51.4492, -0.2372
TQ 22 73 PONSONBY ROAD SW15
Church of Holy Trinity
1896 to 1898 G H Fellowes Prynne. Corsham stone rubble with fine dressings. Gothic style. Prominent. North-west tower with crocket-pinnacled angle-turrets buttressing stone needle spire with 3 tiers of lucarnes. Entrance porch integralwith the tower. 5-bay. Nave of clustered piers supporting walls of banded stone and red and yellow brick. Two splayed clerestory windows to each bay. Wooden waggon roof. Wooden lean-to aisle roofs. Three-light pierced stone screen to chancel. Traceried east window of 5 lights. Twin traceried 2-light west windows with rose above, all by Kempe. Apsidal north-east Lady Chapel with lancet windows by Kempe. Panels of high altar painted by E A Fellowes Prynne. Elaborate reredos framed by crocketed stone gable. Brass altar rails to chancel and Lady Chapel. Fine brass lectern. Marble pulpit with rich cosmati work. Marble front with tall Gothic-style wooden front cover in south-west baptistery.
Listing NGR: TQ2259573720
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.