Description: Midland Bank
Date Listed: 25 April 1952
English Heritage Building ID: 216772
OS Grid Reference: SP0687886918
OS Grid Coordinates: 406878, 286918
Latitude/Longitude: 52.4801, -1.9001
City Centre B2
Mos 26 to 33 (consec)
(formerly listed as
Midland Bank under
SP 0686 NE 33/6 25.4.52
1830, by Rickman and Eutchinson, altered in 1868 by H R Yeoville Thomason.
Stone. Five bays plus the entrance bay on the corner and a seventh bay to
the right where there is a subsidiary entrance. Giant Corinthian columns
with entablature in front of a wall with tall narrow windows in moulded surrounds.
Bold Corinthian pilasters about the later pedimented principal entrance on
the angle. The return of Waterloo Street with a Corinthian tetrastyle portico
to the entablature and pediment. Behind it, tall windows as the others.
Early C19 iron railings. Important corner site.
Listing NGR: SP0687886918
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.