Description: Public Baths
Date Listed: 8 July 1982
English Heritage Building ID: 217431
OS Grid Reference: SP0928289201
OS Grid Coordinates: 409282, 289201
Latitude/Longitude: 52.5006, -1.8647
NECHELLS PARK ROAD
SP 08 NE 7/72
Opened 1910, by Arthur Harrison. Brick with cream terracotta dressings. Two-
storeyed centrepiece with single-storeyed wings; 6 bays. Centrepiece with, on
the ground floor, casement windows divided by columns into a rhythm 2:3:2 and,
on the first floor, a single casement window beneath a broad curved pediment
in which are the arms of the City of Birmingham. Left and right of this, the
entrances for Woman and Men within polygonal turrets terminating in open cupolas.
Left and right again, the baths, lower and with casement windows divided by
columns into triplets. On the right again, on the corner of Nechells Park Road
and Aston Church Road, the 6th bay, with a triplet of casement windows surmounted
by a curved pediment with obelisk.
Listing NGR: SP0928289201
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.