Description: Town Hall
Date Listed: 25 April 1952
English Heritage Building ID: 217694
OS Grid Reference: SP0664086849
OS Grid Coordinates: 406640, 286849
Latitude/Longitude: 52.4795, -1.9036
City Centre B3
SP 0686 NE 33/37 25.4.52
Won in competition in 1830 by J A Hansom and E Welch; building started 1832 and
completed and enlarged by Charles Edge. Anglesey marble. Peripteral temple of
the Corinthian order, 8 bays by 15, and raised on a high rusticated podium with
round headed openings. In the walls of the cellar tall windows within eared
surrounds and standing on a moulded string course. The interior altered 1926-7.
Listing NGR: SP0664086849
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.