Description: The Stable
Date Listed: 3 September 1986
English Heritage Building ID: 236159
OS Grid Reference: NT9357704648
OS Grid Coordinates: 393577, 604648
Latitude/Longitude: 55.3358, -2.1028
HARBOTTLE HARBOTTLE VILLAGE
NT 9304 (East end)
26/72 The Stable
House, formerly the stable block of Harbottle Castle (New). c.1830 for the
Fenwicke-Clennels, converted to house c.1980. Ashlar with Welsh slate roof.
L-plan. 2 storeys. 5-bay front with 16-pane sashes on the ground floor and
9-pane sashes on the first floor, some in original openings.
Gabled roof with kneelers, flat coping and square block finials.
C20 doorway on left return under segmental arch. Similar windows, mainly in
To rear, stable-type door and to left, high segmental-arched double doors to
carriage house. Similar windows mainly in original openings.
Listing NGR: NT9357704648
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.